Who should I contact with further questions?

Call the Town Offices at (802) 453-3516

 How do I register to vote?

You can call the Town Office at 453 - 3516 and request a voter application. It can be mailed to you or you can come in and pick it up.  You can also pick up the application for a spouse or other family member.

You will need to provide your date of birth and your Vermont Drivers license number on the voter application, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security.

The voter application now has a place for the voter to administer the Voter Oath themselves, just date and sign it.

The Secretary of States Office now offers an online voter registration, go to https://sos.vermont.gov/elections/voters/registration/

You can now register and vote on the same day, please provide proof of residency and your drivers license.

 How do I vote absentee?

 Absentee Voting

If you are unable to make it to the polls during voting times, you may vote by absentee ballot. You or a family member can request an absentee ballot by calling the Town Office @ 453 - 3516. Or you can go to http://olvr.sec.state.vt.us which is the Secretary of States website.

State Law requires that only the voter can take their own ballot out of the Town Office. You can vote in the Office or it can be mailed to you. Please contact the Town Clerks office for availability.

Voting in the State Primary

You will be given a Republican, Democratic and Progressive ballot. Please choose one party to vote for and put all unused ballots in the envelope marked unused.

Voting in a Presidential Primary

This is the one election that happens every four (4 years) where you are required to choose between a Democratic Ballot or a Republican Ballot.   

 Where do I vote?

Voting takes place in the Town Hall, located at 70 North Street next to Beeman Elementary School.

 Polls are open from 7am - 7 pm.

 Contact a current Justice of the Peace

Kathi Apgar  453-2620          

Kathleen Barrett  453 - 4232

Gail Freidin  989 - 5720 

Al Karnatz  453 - 3884                        

Pam Marsh   545-2483

Susan Smiley   989 - 6120

Harvey Smith  877 - 2712

**Terms begin February 2, 2023 and ends February 2, 2025

 How to become a Justice of the Peace

Justices of the Peace are elected every two years on the State election cycle in November. Their term begins on February 1st of the following year.

Republican and Democratic Parties hold their caucuses to nominate JP candidates at the beginning of August. Contact the head of the party to be nominated.

Independent Justices need to have their information in by the August Primary to be on the November Ballot.


Link to more info

 Town Meeting info

Town Meeting is the first Monday before the first Tuesday in March, beginning at 6:30 pm with australian ballot items being voted on the following Tuesday.  The polls are open from 7 am to 7 pm in the Town Hall.


 Voting Results